Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Food List for MY 28 Days

There are some foods you definitely want to include in your daily menu when doing a candida diet.
The following is a list I took directly from here, but that I cross-referenced with http://www.dadamo.com/typebase4/typeindexer.htm  for the purpose of removing possible trigger foods.  You can read the first list to learn a little about why these foods are helpful.
GARLIC
ONIONS
SEAWEED
RUTABAGA
GINGER
OLIVE OIL
LEMON JUICE and LIME JUICE
I'm a big fan of garlic, but I really haven't developed a taste for seaweed (except for these amazing seaweed chips I found at my local health food store, which I will tell you about another time), and I'm pretty sure I have never eaten a rutabaga(?).  BUT, I will be making a point to eat all of these things regularly over the course of this month.
A more extensive list of foods allowed on this diet follows.
Again, I have taken this list from here, and cross-referenced here...

Vegatables:
Arugula
Asparagus
Bamboo shoots
Beet greens
Bok choy
Broccoli
Carrots (cooked)
Celeriac
Celery
Chives
Collard greens
Dandelion greens
Endive
Escarole
Fennel
Garlic
Green beans
Kale
Kohlrabi
Leeks
Lettuces
Okra
Onions
Parsley
Rutabaga
Scallions
Shallots
Spaghetti squash
Spinach
Sprouts (mold free)
Swiss chard
Turnips
Watercress
Zucchini
Paprika
Pimento

Fruits:
Lemons
Limes
Cranberries (sugar & sulphite-free)

Meats:
Turkey

Eggs 

Fish:
Sardines
Carp
 Cod
 Mullet
Tilapia

Nuts and Seeds:
Almonds
Macadamia nuts
Hemp seeds (shelled)

Fats and Oils For Cooking:
Flax (raw only)
Extra Virgin olive
Olive oil

Beverages:
Water
Green tea
Herbal teas


From the original list, I have completely omitted legumes as well as grains.  For the first few weeks, strict is best, especially if you know you are dealing with candida overgrowth.  Once you have slowly introduced all food groups back into your diet, paying attention for any symptoms caused by possible trigger foods, the full list can be used to continue on the candida diet - it has been said that for ever year of bad health caused by candida overgrowth, the body will need one month to recover (so, then, for example, a person who has been suffering for 7 years would want to continue the diet for 7 months...)


No comments:

Post a Comment