Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 9 - "Foods" to Avoid - Period

This month, I have embarked on a 28 day anti-candida diet, and I have invited you to join me.

You may or may not suffer from symptoms of candida overgrowth, but there is more to this "diet" plan.  

I have combined the candida diet with the blood type diet, and in so doing, I've created an "elimination diet" - a time of eliminating some of the most common "trigger foods" that can cause autoimmune symptoms, such as inflamation, fibromyalgia and/or joint pain, and chronic illnesses.  

My hope in doing this is that you will learn to appreciate eating real food.  

Sounds simple, I know, but do you even have any idea what's in the food you eat?

Today, I am going to give you a list of foods - or, chemicals that are in your foods - that should be avoided completely at all times.  I hope you will learn to read ingredients, research ingredients you don't know, and put things back on the grocery store shelf that have the potential to harm your body.  Keep in mind that, even if you don't have a sensitivity or allergy, some things just shouldn't be put into your body, and those things will take their toll eventually.

"FOODS" TO AVOID - PERIOD

("MSG is a chemical and known by many names. Here is a list of most of those names to keep with you so you recognize them when you shop. They include sodium caseinate, yeast nutrient, calcium caseinate, hydrolyzed protein, autolyzed yeast, yeast extract, yeast food, hydrolyzed corn gluten, natrium glutamate, monopotassium glutamate, carrageenan, maltodextrin, citric acid, soy protein isolate, malt extract, whey protein protease, malt flavoring. Foods labeled "enzyme modified" has MSG. Food labeled as protein fortified, whey protein isolate and protease enzymes, should be avoided. Beware of flavorings and fermented foods, enzymes, natural flavor and seasonings.") - http://www.livestrong.com/article/75255-foods-trigger-fibromyalgia/






This is a very short list, but these are things you should cut out of your diet completely for better health.  

If you are following the elimination diet I am, then you will realize after 28 days how easy it is to live without these dangerous food additives.  

If you suffer from fibromyalgia or other autoimmune disease, please click on the link below and take ten minutes to listen to this interview about diet and candida overgrowth - again, I am not endorsing this book, but I may just have to go pick it up from my local library sometime soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment