Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 27 - Looking Ahead

This weekend, I tried kombucha for the first time.  Kombucha is one of the latest "health food" trends, and somewhat rather controversial among blood type dieters, since it is made with black tea (and black tea is not recommended for most blood types).  The reason I tried it is because it is supposed to be full of those lovely probiotics that we so desperately need when fighting candida.  Because I am such a big fan of the blood type diet, I actually would not drink this stuff very often.  However, I realize for many of us trying to make big changes, this would be a much better choice than soda or some other options.

I also bought a few other fermented foods over the weekend, in an attempt to "kick start" my gut health.  I am ready for the next step.  Since I already know my trigger foods, I will not be following as strictly this "re-introduction" period, but I will give you a simple plan to follow for bringing other food groups back into the diet over the next four weeks.  The most important thing here is that you determine to continue eating real food, and keep out the artificial stuff completely.  Remember, your body is bound to respond to any real attempts you make at treating it right.

For the next week, I recommend sticking with the same food list we've used for the first 28 days, and adding the following vegetables and fruits:

VEGETABLES
Beets
Beet greens
Brussel sprouts
Chicory
Cilantro
Portobello mushroom
Parsnips
Peas
Pimento
Rappini
Squash (winter and summer)
Water Chestnut

FRUITS
Apple
Apricot
Blueberry
Boysenberry
Cherry
Currants
Dates
Elderberry
Fig
Grape
Grapefruit
Kumquat
Mulberry
Nectarine
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Plum
Prune
Raspberry
Strawberry
Watermelon


Again, I have taken these foods from http://www.dadamo.com/ and listed only fruits and veggies that are listed as "neutral" or "beneficial" for all blood types.  Pay attention to how your body reacts to the foods you eat.  You may want to include others fruits and veggie not listed here - just be aware of what your body is telling you. 

Also, keep in mind that fruit and certain root vegetables equal sugar.  If you, like I, have been battling symptoms of candida overgrowth, then you still need to limit sugar in your diet.  Be sure to eat plenty of vegetables, drink plenty of water, and eat a variety of different fruits
(think, different colors) to get all the nutrients you need without over doing it. For every year of candida symptoms, a month of anti-candida eating is recommended.

My commitment to myself this month is to stick with the fresh veggies, enjoy a variety of fruits in moderation, and keep my mind off of less-wholesome sweets!  

Next week, I will add grains, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes to our list.













No comments:

Post a Comment