Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 1 - The Battle Begins

I was hungry.  I was determined to cut out sugar completely. 

The previous day had been my birthday - I had hot dogs and onion rings, and Sprite Import, and dairy free neopolitan soy ice cream, and various chocolate candies that I found my husband had hid for me around the house.  Life was good.

Today, I had begun my 28 days on a crash diet, in an effort to restore some balance to my body.  Ever the procrastinator, I didn't have much of a plan, but I knew I was having green beans for breakfast, because that's what I wanted.



I mentioned before that in this house, we don't always have organic.  We shop at Aldi as much as other places, we are on a pretty tight budget, and we do what we can with what we have.  When trying to better your health, you have to start somewhere, and the most important thing is to actually start... 

Restricted diet, or not, one of my favorite things to do with green beans (and broccoli, and different various other vegetables) is to stir fry them in a little olive oil, with garlic.
EASY PEASY!






 Breakfast is served!
Out and about, around 10:30am, of course, I was hungry - so, I thought it was time for a little mid-morning snack...


For lunch, I added some red and green peppers to the leftover green beans from the morning, fried an egg, and put it all on top of a nice bed of baby spinach.



I can not tell a lie, I also ate a hard boiled egg shortly after lunch.  You might not mind, but my gall bladder is pretty particular about how many eggs I eat in a week (it's also funny about beef), so I try to keep it happy while satisfying my own big appetite!

For supper, I fixed a big salad, with roasted turkey breast on top.  You will notice there are bits of carrot on that salad, and that is where we have to give just a little, because some of the diet plans for candida say no carrots, and some say only cooked carrots.  I say, one half a carrot once a day is acceptable for me, if it means I've added a just little color and nutrition to my salad.

I know, you may be looking at this and thinking, EW!  But the reality is, all of tasted so good!  I'm no cook, and I do tend to over cook everything.  But the content here is more important than individual tastes, and if you happen to be a pretty decent cook, you could produce something much prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment