Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 35 - Are You Still With Me?

This past week, I have really been enjoying my salads for lunch every day.  I make a great big bowl of salad at the beginning of the week, and it lasts me all week long.   (put a paper towel on top of the salad before covering, and change it when it gets damp - I think that helps a great deal!)  

I've also been enjoying apples, plums and pears, and  fruit juice (real juice, without added sugar).

I made dessert this week, and it stayed around for almost four days - this is a big deal for me, because in the past, I could make dessert and eat it all in the same day.  By dessert, I mean, a small cake or pan of brownies, or a dozen cupcakes.  I would easily eat the entire thing myself, in one day, and sometimes make more!

Sugar cravings are hard to beat, and they are hard to satisfy!  But, once you know what is causing the cravings, you can educate yourself and learn to tackle them!

I hope you decided to stick with the "plan" and pay close attention to your body's reaction to the vegetables and fruits added this past week.

For the coming week, I am adding grains, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes to the list.  I am only adding foods that are neutral or beneficial for all blood types, according to http://www.dadamo.com/.  If you haven't already, I strongly encourage you to check out the blood type diet.  It changed my life, and the reality is, eating real, healthy food is at the heart of it.

GRAINS
Essene bread (manna bread)
Ezekiel bread
Millet
Quinoa
Rice (white, or brown)

NUTS & SEEDS
Flax seed
Pecan
Walnut (English, or black)

BEANS & LEGUMES
Cannellini beans
Northern beans
White beans

When you consider the limited food list we've had over the past month, I realize this doesn't seem like a lot to add.  I would caution you to be very careful when buying foods that are marketed as "gluten free", because they are usually loaded with all kinds of other ingredients that act as gluten, and our bodies often can have a hard time telling the difference.  If you already know you have a gluten sensitivity, then your best bet is to avoid most grains.  If you have never noticed problems with gluten, then feel free to try other whole grains that are not listed here, and pay close attention to your body's reaction.  A good rule of thumb is the fewer ingredients, the safer the product.





No comments:

Post a Comment